As I write this it’s hard to be entirely positive what with All Romance shutting down with very short notice and some jackass stealing stories and publishing them under other known authors’ names on Amazon to ride their reputations to sales. (There are days I miss the old days of publishing but granted back then most of what I write wouldn’t have seen the light of day).
So that’s the negative part so let me move on and see what my plans can possibly be in the LGBT publishing realm.
1. Be much more rigid on time management. That is still a bit on the negative but it needs to be said. I need to get it in my head. I’ve been horrible about it. I spend too much time pissing about on line, especially social media and I need to knock that crap off.
2. First and foremost, I need to FINALLY fix Blood Red Roulette. I have been working on it but I MUST get it done. It’ll be almost a year between getting it rejected with suggestions for resubmission and sending it back out. It was a big hit to the ego, especially seeing other stories with almost identical things I was knocked for getting put out by the same publisher. I keep making more of a mess of it. I’m going to need a set of eyes to do a complete read-through once I’m done
3. Play about with the Deadwood shifter story. A little tweaking at it will be a novella and then I’ll send it out.
4. I need to find out what’s going on with Wayward Ink to see if I need to be thinking about that SF story I have there for an anthology.
5. Work on Behind Blue Eyes. I would love to finish it.
6. Work on the two contemporary novels even though they are a brutal struggle for me.
7. Work on the steampunk Christmas story.
8. Keep an eye on the open calls of course.
9. Clean up my website because it’s an embarrassment.
10. Continue to support my fellow authors.
It’s not much of a plan. I’m willing to admit to that but I have to balance it with the non-romance/LGBT writing (which definitely needs a lot of work right now too). Here’s hoping 2017 has some good opportunities, some good writing and it will look better than 2016 which was a very bad year for me writing-wise.
2 thoughts on “Author Plan for 2017”
Your resolution is an inspiration to us all! Best of luck in carrying out your goals in the face of adversity!
Thank you very much